|Community of Tarboro
Centered on Highway 252 (Burnt Fort Road), Refuge Road, and Owens Ferry Road is the Tarboro Community.
Tarboro, in the 1800s called Tarborough, once stood further to the north.
General store at old "Forksville"
Competition sprang up at the current location (once called Forkville) and business moved to the present site. Eventually the area merged and today is simply known as "Tarboro."
At the original site of Tarborough is The Tarboro Mercantile Business. Built in 1927,
Edgar McCarthy had this building built.